St. Anthony's School is a proud partner of the Ontario Student Nutrition Program.
We understand that student nutrition programs:
- Improves concentration and academic achievement
- Improves student behaviour
- Improves students' overall physical health
- Influences students to choose healthier food options at school and at home
- Promotes composting, recycling and reducing food waste
- Fosters student connections to the environment and local food
- Supports local farmers and the economy
- Forster volunteerism among community members, teachers, and students.
At St. Anthony's we provide three optional nutrition programs:
- Breakfast Club (provided DAILY at NO COST)
- Milk Program (provided DAILY, low cost PURCHASE)
- Pizza Lunch (provided WEEKLY, low cost PURCHASE)
The Breakfast Club is offered on a daily basis for all students at no cost. Usually volunteers come in to the school to make and provide breakfasts for our students who need a little extra in the morning. This year, due to covid restrictions, the OSNP delivers fresh produce and individually packaged dry goods to the school on a weekly basis. Our staff distributes the food in Breakfast Bowls each morning to each classroom. Good food, good learning.
Our Milk Program is offered on a daily basis for purchase. We offer both white milk and chocolate. You choose the flavour and the schedule ie. every day, every second day, once a week, or once a month. Please go to the School Cash Online link to place your monthly purchase. Deadline for each month is the week prior to the first of the month
Hot Pizza Lunch is offered on a weekly basis for purchase. All pizza slices are cheese and pepperoni and meet the health guidelines of using a whole wheat crust or gluten free. You may choose the number of slices and the schedule ie. every week, once a month etc. Please go to the School Cash Online link to place your monthly purchase. Deadline for each month is the week prior to the first of the month.